Calling for players and taking requests!
Ok then – for those of you who are interested in RPG’s (involving rulebooks not explosives) the Wednesday night RPG group is looking to basically resurrect itself.
Our problem is a dearth of players and especially those whose presence can be relied upon.
There are currently four semi reliable attendees and if you include one as GM that means the group is just too small. The ideal number of players is six but we will cope with plus or minus one. Just turn up and chat and see if you want to join.
I have not said join in with what though. That basically is up for grabs and we had a chat in December. Operating on the assumption that I GM we discussed what was and was not open. The quick answer is I will run anything though with varying levels of competence.
1) Call of Cthulu – Sorry but horror is something that flops when run by me
2) Heroes unlimited – The system is just horrible
3) Traveller – Life is too short to spend on generating random planetary ecosystems
4) 4th Ed D&D – I loathe the system
1) D&D specifically 3.5. This could be pathfinder if people prefer. Whilst some (Kevin) thought they would not want another generic fantasy it was agreed getting new players in was better the priority.
2) Rifts – Whilst we do have a lot of the books we stopped playing about 5 years ago so if you want something more recent that might cause problems. Having said that just look at a groaning bookshelf and appreciate the options included.
3) Maid the RPG. Included specifically to make my life hell. Do not choose this one. Seriously do not google it. Do not download the free PDF. Forget you read this.
4) Star Wars – I have run both D20 and west end games versions of the rules.
If you want one or the other we can talk.
All of these would be fun but if you want to do them I think they are better as one off games rather than campaigns.
1) Paranoia – We want to stay friends? Not too often with this one then
2) Doctor Who – Poor system, fun game but eventually too many logic holes about how time travel works cause problems
3) Amber – love this idea but I have a 50/50 rate with it so it’s a risk
4) Champions – A superhero game with balance? Ok if you can do the sums for a point buy game.
5) Sailor moon the RPG – why do you hate me?
6) Pendragon – specifically a campaign but probably more than I can do.
7) White wolf games – Vampire/werewolf/mage/faerie. My only xp in this genre is as a player but if you want I will give it a go.
8) Space 1889 – neo colonial martian steampunk. Ok then.
9) Shadowrun – Will have to dig up the rulebooks. If you want tech noir I prefer it to HOL.
10) Anything else – just bring along a suggestion and we will put it to a vote.